Re: case independent LIKE select?

From: Keith Jamieson <jamiesonk_at_phoenix.ie>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:26:59 -0000

My preferred solution to this problem is to have two columns both of which contain the name, but one of the columns contains the name in mixed case and the other in Upper case.eg name, and uppername Then the queries and indexes use the uppername column and the output uses the name column.

You might also consider looking at the soundex function. It will allow you to retrievce a list of similar sounding names, provided they begin with the same letter.

<38859F66.4B2F4B3D_at_gaul-edin.freeserve.co.uk>...