Re: table is mutating - trigger may not see it

From: <anup_mistry_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 05:36:51 GMT

Hi,
  If by chance ure front-end tool is Developer2000 then there is a fantastic built in called POST.
Here how i used it.
If in the back end.
Table B (col2 FK) references Table A (col1 PK) In front End we have say in a trigger when-button-pressed

insert into TableB (col2) values ('non-existant primary key'); Post;
insert into TableA (col1) values ('now put PK');

In article <865g73$7mh$1_at_news.online.de>,   "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Markus_J=E4ger?=" <1055-436_at_online.de> wrote:
> Oracle 8.0.5
> I want a after-insert-trigger for tabel A to insert new data in a
second
> table B that has a foreign key constraint to the table A.
> Even though I defined the constraint with the option DEFERRABLE
INITIALLY
> DEFERRED is seems like the insert command for table B within the
> after-insert-trigger for table A wants the foreign key constraint
checked
> immediately and therefore ends up in an oracle error, because the
process of
> checking envolves reading table A.
> Is there any solution to that? (besides inactivating the constraint?)
> Thanx for any hints and comments!
> Markus

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 23:36:51 CST