SQL Question - Number formatting for report

From: George Dimopoulos <george_at_cheos.ubc.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:52:29 -0800

Using Oracle 8

Have a field of number(12,4) which I would like to print out on a report based on following format criteria

If the value is less then 1, then print a zero infront of decimal

ie .12 should print as 0.12

If the value is a whole integer (no decimal value) then don't print decimal or zero

ie 1 should print as 1

If the value is greater then 1 and has decimal values then print as is

ie 23.333 should print as 23.333

any ideas on how to do this using to_char(...., {format})?

thx in advance.

Please email me and I will post results. --
George Dimopoulos
george_at_cheos.ubc.ca Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 11:52:29 CST