Oracle, named pipes & fbackup

From: Stephen Hearn <stephen_hearn_at_email.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:34:41 +1100

Hi all,

is it possible to have fbackup read from a named pipe?? I need to write a large-ish table (~50GB) from an Oracle 8 db then read it back in (to re-org it - don't ask, I'm not the DBA). If I can't find extra disk space to hold it in the interim, then I'll have to put it on tape (ie multiple tapes obviously), hence the fbackup/named pipe question.

Is this the right way to approach this? Any other ideas??

The system is HP-UX 10.20.

cc to email appreciated

tia
steve Received on Fri Jan 14 2000 - 04:34:41 CST