Re: Can't link OCI libcnltsh.so on solaris 2.6

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2000 10:19:24 -0500

"vincent" <vterrisse_at_infovista.fr> writes:

> I use the Oracle 8i 8.1.5 on solaris 2.6.
> I 've got two problems using OCI APIs:
> 1- I took the include files located in rdbms/demo directory but some files
> were missing (nzt.h and nzerror.h). In order to resolve this problem i took
> the equivalent files from NT platform (are they really equivalent?).
Take a look in $ORACLE_HOME/network/public. The files should be there. However, the Sun and NT versions should be the same.

> 2- After resolving my first problem I encountered a link error: the
> libcnltsh.so was expecting libgen.so that is a sun shared library missing on
> solaris 2.6.
> What can i do (does this libcnltsh.so version not comptatible with solaris
> 2.6 ? where can i find a good libcnltsh.so?)
If you haven't do so already, I suggest scanning the directory tree for the file and setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH accordingly. If you can't find it, I suggest contacting Sun Support. You may be missing an option.

--

                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman

       The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
             necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation.