Re: Problem Installing Orace8 Client

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:54:46 +0100

FYI

ALERT: If your database is version 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 8.0.4, or 8.0.5 and your installer is not version 3.3.1.2.4 or higher, then your installer is not Y2k compliant. After the century date change, if the installer is run, a Dr. Watson error will occur. The patch that fixes this problem may be downloaded from the following URLs:

ftp://209.246.5.40/server/patchsets/wgt_tech/server/win32/installer/33124/

(or)

http://metalink.oracle.com

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
Antonio Doblado <adoblado_at_icot.es> wrote in message news:85el9h$nlu$1_at_talia.mad.ttd.net...
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem while installing the Oracle 8 client for Novell on
Windows
> 98 and/or Windows 95 PCs.
>
> I choose to install the client with Spanish language as default, and I
> select the "Oracle 8 client" when the setup program asks me about the
> installation type. Afterwards, I select the "Oracle8 Database
administrator"
> option and the hard drive as the location for the help files.
>
> The installation runs fine until an error windows appears on the screen.
The