Problem Installing Orace8 Client

From: Antonio Doblado <adoblado_at_icot.es>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:49:53 +0100

Hello,

I have a problem while installing the Oracle 8 client for Novell on Windows 98 and/or Windows 95 PCs.

I choose to install the client with Spanish language as default, and I select the "Oracle 8 client" when the setup program asks me about the installation type. Afterwards, I select the "Oracle8 Database administrator" option and the hard drive as the location for the help files.

The installation runs fine until an error windows appears on the screen. The error message informs about an invalid page fault caused by the ORAINST program on MSVCRT.DLL module.

(ORAINST provocó un fallo de página no válida en el módulo MSVCRT.DLL de 0137:7801425c.)

I get this error on three different machines, but on some others, the client is properly installed.

¿Anybody can help me?

Antonio Doblado Romo
Ingeniero técnico en informática de gestión adoblado_at_icot.es
Departamento de desarrollo

icot. informàtica i comunicacions Tarragona, S.A. Ingeniería del software en entorno visual http://www.icot.es Received on Mon Jan 10 2000 - 08:49:53 CST