Re: sqlplus and unix - hidden user and password

From: Kevin A Lewis <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:09:08 GMT

Yours appeared at first sight to be the most promising of the answers however

with a file dba/abcd.efg contining the password i cannot get the following to work

 sqlplus system @test.sh < dba/abcd.efg

SQL*Plus: Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production on Wed Jan 12 16:4:25 2000

(c) Copyright 1998 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Enter password:
ERROR:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

any ideas

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD) - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich United Kingdom)

                        <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>

The views expressed herein by the author of this document are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd. Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov> wrote in message news:387B34A4.2B09FCF7_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov...