Re: sqlplus and unix - hidden user and password

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:48:20 GMT

You can also put the password as the only line in a file. Save that file as "passwd" or other name. Do a "chmod 400 passwd" so that noone else can see your password file. Then you can call scripts through cron (or other) by doing:

   sqlplus userid @scriptfile < passwd

The advantage of this method is that should your user's password change, you only have to change it in one location, not many different scripts.

HTH,
Brian