Re: ERPs a waste of space?

From: James Anderson <jwanders_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:45:18 -0500

Sounds like you're trying to compare apples and oranges. A plug and play personal computer is a lot different than an enterprise information system that services the needs of thousands of employees and even more customers. An ERP system is dramatically more complex and its impact more far reaching than any individual personal computer. If you want to talk about monopolies, what operating system are all of those personal computers running???