Re: Can't start DB instance

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 12:32:35 GMT

Here is the Oracle Text for your error.

"ORA-00210: cannot open control file name Cause: The system was unable to open a control file.

Action: Check that the control file exists, that the storage device is online, and that the file is not locked by some other program and try again. Also, check to see that the operating system limit on the number of open files per process has not been exceeded.

When using multiplexed control files, that is, more than one control file is referenced in the initialization parameter file, remove the parameter from the initialization parameter file referencing the control filename indicated in the message and restart the instance. If the message does not recur, remove the problem control file from the initialization parameter file and create another copy of the control file using a new filename in the initialization parameter file."

In article <84rqf9$mh5$1_at_news.laserlink.net>,   "Jeff Gardner" <jeffgardner_at_quixnet.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to restart a database instance.
> This worked eary last week but not it will not come online.
>
> When I try to mount the database I get an error in the alet.log file
> CKPT: Terminating instance due to error 210.
>
> Also I get a ckpt.log file with the following "error 10 detected in
> background process"
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 04 2000 - 06:32:35 CST