Re: empty string == NULL

From: Richard McDowell <mcdowell_richard_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 12:24:43 +0100

Calvin Crumrine <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 3867B012.E5B995FB_at_dced.state.ak.us...
> I don't understand the statement that there's no way of knowing what an
empty column contains.

NULL is simply an undefined value (but it is a very specific one).

When you make a database design you think following way: Must my column have always a defined (known) value? Yes->NOT NULL, No->NULL. AMEN. /richard

/..developing with www.visual-engine.com and /..designing things, as never before. Received on Sun Jan 02 2000 - 05:24:43 CST