Re: Oracle DBA - Interesting job or not?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 00:45:18 -0500

Ed wrote:

> What do you think? I know it's well paid, but is it enjoyable or
> rewarding. I'd love to hear your comments.
>
> Merry Christmas.
>
> Ed.

It sure in hell beats being a manager. The pay is just as good, if not better. If a meeting is boring I can look at my pager, excuse myself, and go do something productive. There are some bad aspects to being a DBA. For example if I screw up I will get phone calls at 3 AM. On the other hand if I take a proactive role and fix up my databases up front not only will I be able to get a full night's sleep every night, but I will be able to nap, surf the web, or otherwise amuse myself during the day.

hth

--
Once I figured out how to spell DBA I became one -- Jerry Gitomer Received on Thu Dec 23 1999 - 23:45:18 CST