Re: Creating new Oracle database on Solaris

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 01:01:04 -0500

Look in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin for a pair of scripts whose names begin with CR.
If I remember correctly one is named crdb.sql and the other crdb2.sql. The first creates a database and the second creates the tablespaces, rollback segments, and the other essentials. Before you run them go in and do some editing. For example you will want to edit any references to init<SID>.ora and config<SID>.ora to match your new instance. Also make sure that the control files, log files, and archives are routed to a different set of diretories than those used by your existing instance. Oh yeah, while you are editing change the value for maximum files to somehting reasonable.

Also, don't worry about screwing up. If necessary you can just delete any files that were created and rerun the scripts.

hth

Bandoba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Oracle 8 running on Sun Solaris 2.6. I installed it with
> default options and the installation created default database. Now I
> want to create another database on the same server. Can anybody tell
> me how to do that? On NT, I used Database Assistant tool, but on Unix
> I didn't find it. Are there any scripts are tools which I should look
> for?
>
> TIA
> Bandoba
>
> --

Once I figured out how to spell DBA I became one -- Jerry Gitomer Received on Fri Dec 24 1999 - 00:01:04 CST