Auto Increment Primary key?

From: John Shaft <shaft_at_meanmutha.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:06:28 -0600

Hi,

Does Oracle has a way to define a table such that the primary key gets auto-incremented with each new insertion? If not, how do you keep your primary keys unique? (With a store value read and incremented in a transaction?)

I have a databse devloped orignally for MySQL and want to port it to Oracle 8. I wondered about this issue.

Thanks!

shaft_at_meanmutha.com
http://www.meanmutha.com Received on Fri Dec 17 1999 - 16:06:28 CST