MS SQL vs. ORACLE

From: Clinique <clinique_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:29:27 +0100

Hi there,
I would like to compare MS SQL Server 7.0 and Oracle Server 8.0.5. I'd be very happy if those of you who have experience with both of these RDBMS could tell me what exactly makes the difference. The criteria I'm going to compare are:
handling
look&feel
time to learn
installation
tools for "normal user"
tools for dba
power
scalability
licences
security
architecture
support

thanx a lot, Susan Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 08:29:27 CST