Newbie - SQL *Loader query.

From: <barry_deevey_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 16:13:10 GMT

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Oracle and apologise if this is the wrong forum for my posting. I'm trying to load approx. 200,000 rows of data from a flat file into an Oracle table. I'm trying to use SQL *Loader to achieve this. Unfortunately the book that I'm using as a reference (Oracle DBA Handbook 7.3 Edition by Kevin Loney) states that you can do it, but doesn't go as far as to tell you how. If anybody knows of any information source that would be of use to me, or any pointers as to what I should be trying (or avoiding) they would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Barry.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 10:13:10 CST