why can't the MS Access read CLOB data in Oracle8.0.4?

From: tsui <tsui_at_cbmi.upmc.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:09:02 -0500

Hi there,

  My MS access97 can't read CLOB data from a table in Oracle 8.0.4 db, but it has no problem getting the LONG data type. I already installed the ODBC driver for Oracle8.0.3, so do I need to download any other driver in order to get the CLOB data? Any comment is appreciated.

Rich

PS: Oracle server is running on a Sun workstation with Solaris 2.5. Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 10:09:02 CST