Re: DB-independent SQL

From: Michel Cadot <micadot_at_netcourrier.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:34:28 +0100

In Oracle, you can use FIPS flagging to ensure that your SQL is compatible with SQL-92:
alter session set flagger=<entry or intermediate or full or off>;

<entry> for SQL92 entry level;
<intermediate> for SQL92 intermediate level;
<full> for SQL92 full level;
<off> to turn off the flagging.

Appendix B of Oracle SQL Reference: "Oracle and Standard SQL" gives you advices to write your SQL in a compatible way.

--
Have a nice day
Michel