Re: Show text of stored procedure

From: <alan_perot_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 18:13:11 GMT

Mark,

When I look at the all_ and dba_source views, I only get the package header source (i.e. the prototype for the procedures in the package). There was one non-packaged procedure, and I could get the text for that in this manner. The package is not under my id and I don't have access to the real user's ID. Perhaps the user_source would have the full package contents.

Thanks
Alan

In article <823mtd$lqh$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   markp7832_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <823dvu$ekh$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> alan_perot_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > I am trying to find a way (query, etc.) to view
> > the text of a stored procedure in Oracle 8
> > without having the source. I looked through the
> > documentation and can't find anything, or any
> > standard user or dba tables or views that might
> > contain the text. The particular procedures I am
> > interested in are inside a package, if that helps.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Alan
> >
> Alan, Look at ALL_, DBA_, and USER_SOURCE. If the package was not
> wraped then you will be able to read the source for packages,
> procedures, and functions in these Dictionary views.
>
> --
> Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
> you follow so follow your own advice --
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 12:13:11 CST