Re: V$, x$ to investigate the PGA?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:22:02 -0000

You could try:

svrmgrl
connect internal
oradebug setospid {operating system process id of shadow} oradebug dump heapdump 1

This will give you a PGA heapdump in the trace file. You will probably find that there are lots of free blocks of 4K representing some sort of memory leak to do with cursors or sorting.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

<943460544.12870.0.nnrp-04.d4f07aaa_at_news.demon.co.uk>...