Re: pro*c/c++ or OCI,C++Builder or VisualC++

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 08:13:49 -0500

kevin_g_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi,
> We are about to convert our database system over to Oracle.
> We currently develop using C++Builder4. It appears there is no Pro*c
> library support for the builder compiler. Is this true?
> Is there any advantage/disadvantage in using Pro*c over OCI.
> Has anyone done any Builder vs VisualC++ benchmarking?
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

The primary advantage of Pro-C over OCI is that the syntax is simpler. On the other hand you don't have the grandular control that you do with OCI.

In the C++ world the OCI calls are often embedded in classes which are then used as black boxes to perform SQL work. In that case the OCI has a definite advantage and once you get the class written and debugged you never have to think of it again because you'll just use the class's properties and methods. Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 07:13:49 CST