Re: Performance comparison: ADO, DAO, ODBC

From: Yuri Budilov <yuri.budilov_at_c031.aone.net.au>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 10:40:34 +1100

dont forget that all MS work is concentrating on ADO and OLEDB so any performance deficiencies are likely to disappear in near future. Right now MDAC 2.1 SP2 is your best bet (released).

I would strongly recommend using ADO from VB5/6, using MS SQL Server 7.0 native provider (SQLOLEDB). I am told it also works well with Oracle7.3.4 and Oracle8 (MSDAORA provider, I think)

Yuri - always expressing personal opinions only