Performance comparison: ADO, DAO, ODBC

From: David Freiman <dfreiman_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 11:42:43 -0500

Forgive the cross-postings. I'd like opinions from all camps.

Could you help me find out: if given a VB front end connecting to a SQL or Oracle backend, which is faster ADO, DAO or ODBC? My feeling is that ADO is the winner, since it is meant to supercede DAO, and ODBC is generally a slow connection in my experience. I need to know which would

give the best performance.

What criteria do I need to consider to refine my question and make a decision?

--
David Freiman
dfreiman_at_ix.netcom.com

"No opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible." W. H. AUDEN Received on Thu Nov 04 1999 - 10:42:43 CST