Re: SQL*Net vs Net8 coexistence and priority ???

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:38:21 GMT

I believe that the tool used determines which network protocol is used...My SqlPlus 3.3 uses SqlNet2 while my Plus80 uses Net 8 ---

One way to find out is to create an alias in SqlNet2 and a different one ( to the same target ) in Net8 - then try each connect string with each of your tools to see what works...

There is probably a more elegant way to do this ( possibly using trace files ) but this should give you an idea

hth