Re: WebDB can't connect

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 17:26:53 GMT

Connecting thru those tools is no indication that webdb can connect ...It uses the wdblsnr to connect not 'pure' sqlnet...so, double check that you have created an alias in tnsnames.ora ( on the server that is running the listener for webdb) that is the same as the site - usually named WEBDB - and that it has the correct port and instance info...

Also check to see if you can access
http://yourserver:yourport#/admin_/listener.htm

or
http://yourserver:yourport#/admin_/gateway.htm

These are where you configure connection info for WebDB///

hth,
John Greco