From one DATABASE to another, not TABLE!

From: Billy Collins <billy_collins_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:10:29 GMT

Hi,

I need to port data from ONE database to another. One is an old Oracle 7.3 database, called DB_ABC. The other is a new Oracle 8.05 called DB_CDF. They are under two "different environments".

Now I need to port some data from the ld one to another..

What are the options available to me?

  1. Save the data (export) into a temporary text file, then import it back.
  2. Export in some other format (does oracle have its own?) and then import it from thenew database..
  3. Some other mechanism I am not familiar with. I considered using Oracle's upgrade utlity, but I am not updating the database, I am porting data!

Can I use PL/SQL to do this in any way? If Yes, what commands could I look at?

Would really appreciate any help!

Thanks a lot in advance!
Billy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 17 1999 - 03:10:29 CST