Re: Unable to write more than 1K with UTL_FILE

From: <erik.l.cohen_at_cpmx.mail.saic.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:53:18 GMT

In article <382359A8.F3234C2F_at_interfacefamily.com>,   Richard J Woodland <richwoodland_at_interfacefamily.com> wrote:
> Just so that you don't get further disappointed ... not only are
UTL_FILE records
> limited to 1022 characters, but the file size is limited to about
1,000,000 bytes
> too!!

You are confusing the upperlimit for DBMS_OUTPUT with UTL_FILE. There is no pre-determined FILE SIZE constraint for UTL_FILE. Of course if there is an OS level quota, you may not exceed that. I have an app that has created a 90 meg file using UTL_FILE. The DBMS_OUTPUT buffer limit is 1M.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 13:53:18 CST