Re: Unable to write more than 1K with UTL_FILE

From: Richard J Woodland <richwoodland_at_interfacefamily.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 17:26:48 -0500

Just so that you don't get further disappointed ... not only are UTL_FILE records limited to 1022 characters, but the file size is limited to about 1,000,000 bytes too!!
What with the stupid limits on DBMS_OUTPUT and these limits on UTL_FILE, it's sometimes hard to figure out what the Oracle developers are think of! Maybe Oracle gets all it's developers from Microsoft...