Re: simple questions

From: aquabubble <aquabubble_at_geocities.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:33:15 GMT

In article <80ouoo$6p8$1_at_news.hk.linkage.net>,   "Alan Sze" <alan_at_icon.com.hk> wrote:

> The SELECT .... FROM dual doesn't work for me...
> How to declare a variable in sqlplus so that I can use var_a :=
> package_a.function_a(....) ???

You can use DEFINE var_a = <value> at the SQL*Plus prompt, where <value> can be a character string (enclosed by single quotes), or a number.

You can then reference this in your SELECT ... FROM dual as a bind variable :var_a (I think this is right, but I'm away from machine at the moment).

Alternatively, you could try using an anonymous block.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 08:33:15 CST