Re: BLOB, CLOB, NCLOB Datatype

From: Donald Welsh <dwelsh_at_nospam.melbpc.org.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:46:58 GMT

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 12:48:57 +1300, "Alan" <newslette_at_iname.com> wrote:

>HI,
>
>My I know whether BLOB, CLOB, NCLOB datatype is supported by Oracle 8 Server
>8.1.5?
>
>If I want to insert and image into Oracle server into a BLOB field, how can
>I do so? by SQL?? or any other way? and How can I do it it Perl? i.e. use
>perl to insert an image into the oracle database
>
>Thank You
>
>Alan

Relevance at last! And a song cue to boot!

<song>

Put a BLOB over here
And a BLOB over there
Put a BLOB on your ear
And a BLOB on your hair
And a lot of little BLOBs in the air, everywhere It's a BLOBby kind of day.

</song>

If you have any more questions, The Internet Oracle <oracle_at_cs.indiana.edu> will be pleased to answer. Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 08:46:58 CST