ODBC Error with 'END' in String Literal

From: Tim Connell <tconnell_at_itis.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:07:15 -0600

Has anyone ever run into anything like this?

Whenever a send a sql statement that has a string literal with 'end' in it to Oracle via ODBC, I get a ORA-00911: Invalid Character error. For example:

SELECT ClientID_PK, Full_Name FROM SDM_Clients WHERE ClientID_PK = 'RT7enDf3eH';

If you replace the D with any other letter, it runs fine. This happens with both the Oracle ODBC driver and the Microsoft ODBC driver. It happens both in VB5 SP3 using RDO and when I use Oracle's ODBC Test program. It doesn't happen in SQL*Plus.

We're using 8.0.5 on NT 4, SP4

I'd appreciate any ideas/workarounds. Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 14:07:15 CST