Re: Rule vs. Cost

From: Karl M. Nordquist <thisisnotmy_at_email.address.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 09:11:43 -0800

Jim,

We have Oracle v7.3.4.x here and everytime we try and go to cost base, everything just gets dragged down the tube, and we have indexes, primary keys, foreign keys with child indexes. Now, with that said, I do believe that we need more education on the matter before we can say that there is something wrong with v7's optimizer, but we have had no luck with it so far.

HTH Karl Nordquist
Application Development Supervisor
Bright Wood Corporation
Madras, OR