LONG datatype?

From: Phil <phillipet_at_mobilair.qc.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:29:34 GMT

HI,

I've a table like this :

ID                    VARCHAR2(20)
KeyWord         VARCHAR2(100)
Narration          LONG

A LONG Datatype have a 2 Gigs possibilities, yes?

I'm assigning approximately 200 000 bytes (200 000 * "w" character) and

when i update or insert this value in the table describe before i've got

ORA-01480: trailing null missing from STR bind value

ORACLE Documentation error have this :

[

ORA-01480: trailing null missing from STR bind value

Cause: A bind variable specified as type SQLT_STR is not terminated with

an ASCII NULL (0) character.

Action: Check maximum lengths and contents of string bind variables.

]

I tried to put CHR(0) (in Visual Basic, before the INSERT SQL) to the end of text but nothing good!

Why???
What can i do?

P.S. : The text value of the LONG column is the input of a user in a RichTextBox (Visual Basic)

Thank you.
Philippe Tremblay
phillipet_at_mobilair.qc.ca Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 07:29:34 CDT