dynamic SQL question

From: Curtis Holbrook <cholbroo_at_concentric.net>
Date: 23 Oct 1999 12:30:40 PDT

Hey all...

I'm trying to use the procedure 'parse' in the Oracle package 'dbms_sql'. There are two 'parse' procedures available: one takes a simple varchar2 argument to pass the SQL statement; the other takes a table of varchar2(256) argument to pass the SQL statement (for very large statements).

My code looks something like this:

declare

   type char_tbl as table of varchar2(256);

   my_tbl char_tbl;
begin

.
.
.

   dbms_sql.parse( cursor_id,

                   my_tbl,
                   my_tbl.first,
                   my_tbl.last,
                   false,
                   dbms_sql.native );

.
.
.

end;

The compiler returns the error 'Wrong number or type of arguments'. I know for certain that the first, fourth, and fifth arguements are fine. Am I passing the table incorrectly? I'm using PL/SQL version 2.3.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Curtis Received on Sat Oct 23 1999 - 14:30:40 CDT