Re: dynamic SQL question

From: <bhutaak_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:14:04 GMT

Hello cholbroo,

Your statement for dynamic sql is coorect in terms of all parameters but the version of pl/sql is not correct for this type of statement you will need pl/sql 8.0 or higher. I hope this will help you.

Thanks for quesion keep the charm.

In article <38120E0E.E50B14D8_at_concentric.net>,   Curtis Holbrook <cholbroo_at_concentric.net> wrote:
> Hey all...
>
> I'm trying to use the procedure 'parse' in the Oracle package
> 'dbms_sql'. There are two 'parse' procedures available: one takes a
> simple varchar2 argument to pass the SQL statement; the other takes a
> table of varchar2(256) argument to pass the SQL statement (for very
> large statements).
>
> My code looks something like this:
>
> declare
> type char_tbl as table of varchar2(256);
>
> my_tbl char_tbl;
> begin
> .
> .
> .
>
> dbms_sql.parse( cursor_id,
> my_tbl,
> my_tbl.first,
> my_tbl.last,
> false,
> dbms_sql.native );
> .
> .
> .
> end;
>
> The compiler returns the error 'Wrong number or type of arguments'. I
> know for certain that the first, fourth, and fifth arguements are
fine.
> Am I passing the table incorrectly? I'm using PL/SQL version 2.3.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Curtis

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 07:14:04 CDT