Re: oracle developer 6 problem

From: <lina37_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 10:31:04 GMT

Thanks yar

well, I managed to get the values of the parameter to the form . However, I've got another problem.. One of the parameter allows multiple words value so as u've mentioned parameter are separated by space so the system actually take the spaces between the values as new parameter e.g.
username = ABC DEF userid=1234
based on the above, the value DEF is being considered as a parameter. I dun think by setting it to username = "ABC DEF" works.. so pple any suggestions wat shld be done

thanks a lot
Lina

In article <7ulb2o$osi$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Yar <yarsegal_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <7ukno9$aof$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> lina37_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> > Dear Experts
> >
> > I'm in dire need of the solution to pass parameters to forms from a
> > baseHTML. Currently, I've created the parameters required to be
passed
> > to the forms in my forms cartridge in OAS 4.0.7. i.e companyid
> > In my baseHTML, Coded:-
> > <PARAM NAME="serverArgs"
> > VALUE="module=D:\ORANT\ows\admin\website40\myproject\FRM_LOGIN.fmx
> > userid=abc/abc_at_def&companyid=%companyid%">
> >
> > When run ,Generated:-
> > <PARAM NAME="serverArgs"
> > VALUE="module=D:\ORANT\ows\admin\website40\myproject\FRM_LOGIN.fmx
> > userid=abc/abc_at_def&companyid=mycompany">
> >
> > The form actually take userid=abc/abc_at_def&companyid=mycompany as the
> > value for the parameter userid so I keep getting DB login error.
> >
> > Do advised if I've done it wrongly. Btw, do advise which part of the
> > form shall I set the global parameter companyid to the one passed
> > through the URL. Thanks a lot
> >
> > Btw, is it possible to implement it not thru cartridge ???
> >
> > regards
> > Lina
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Try this:
>
> <PARAM NAME="serverArgs"
> VALUE="module=D:\ORANT\ows\admin\website40\myproject\FRM_LOGIN.fmx
> userid=abc/abc_at_def companyid=mycompany">
>
> Parameters need to be separeted by spaces.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Yar
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 23 1999 - 05:31:04 CDT