Data linking problem....

From: KRM <malleykr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:59:56 GMT

Hello.

I am a newbie to forms, and am having some trouble.

I am trying to create a form that will have information displayed from two tables. I created two blocks, and linked them via a relationship. That works fine. The output is supposed to look like a spreadsheet,

with 10 rows, and some columns from each table.  Right now, I have two
such outputs, one for each block.  When I change between rows on the
master block, the data updates in the secondary block.  However, I need
to have all the fields in the same area on the form. I tried just moving the secondar fields up on the canvas so they were next to the others. However, I only get one line of data at a time in the secondary fields. That line changes as I go through the rows of the master block, but the information is always displayed in the top row.

How do I design the blocks/display so that the data from the secondary block corresponds with the data from the master block? I would like to have 10 rows of each displaying next to each other, with the information in row x of the master block corresponding to the information in row x of the secondary block.

And suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for the help!!!
KRM Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 07:59:56 CDT