Re: Looking for in-memory database that can write to disk as well

From: Dave Morse <davem_at_polyhedra.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:32:27 -0700

Polyhedra is a transactional IMDB with several methods for handling persistent data. (if data is not specified in the DDL as persistent it is transient. SQL transactions can be written to disk via a historian or journaled to disk. No chance to lose and data. Performance is on a scale of 20-40 times faster than a conventional "paging" disk-database running all in cache. We have seen 30k inserts and 40k updates PER SECOND on a 400 MHz Pentium running NT.

Active queries (persistent SQL queries that continue to send changes to client) provide additional features you need. The ORDB database is SQL with extentions to support inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation of methods, and more.

See www.polyhedra.com

Look for the article about Polyhedra in the current addition of INFOWORLD Magazine!
<http://www.infoworld.com/cgi-bin/displayArchive.pl?/99/40/e03-40.75.htm>