?=web page run SQL to an Oracle DB

From: <j_v_schmitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 23:12:03 GMT

Quick Q?:

    What's the simplest way to have a web page access an Oracle DB?

For example, I already have Oracle 8.05 for NT (and Linux), and already have data there, but want to let people access it through the web. E.g. the submit button would go execute SQL. I've done similar things on the Microsoft stuff, but want to port it over to Oracle, and start my next apps there.

Should I go through ODBC / JDBC / x?
and if so, what's a decent reference to use as starting point.

Thanks for any suggestions,
John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 18:12:03 CDT