error in crosstab query

From: Volker Hochstein <v.hochstein_at_sh-home.de>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 00:14:36 +0200

Hello world,

 i ve got a little problem with a query in a view. I want to create a crosstab query direct in oracle. No special tool. In the book sql for smarties I read about cascading select statements. Therefore I write the following view:
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW viwStatistikMoebelleder ( LieferantNr, PartiePK, APlus, A, B, C, D, E, IV, V, Telquel )

   AS SELECT tblLieferantenNr, tblPartien.PartiePK,

(Select S0.Anzahl

             FROM   tblSortimentPos As S0
             WHERE  S0.PartieFPK = tblPartien.PartiePK AND
                    S0.SortimentFPK = 10012),

(Select S1.Anzahl
FROM tblSortimentPos As S1 WHERE S1.PartieFPK = tblPartien.PartiePK AND S1.SortimentFPK = 10013),
(Select S2.Anzahl
FROM tblSortimentPos As S2 WHERE S2.PartieFPK = tblPartien.PartiePK AND S2.SortimentFPK = 10014),
(Select S3.Anzahl
FROM tblSortimentPos As S3 WHERE S3.PartieFPK = tblPartien.PartiePK AND S3.SortimentFPK = 10015),
(Select S4.Anzahl
FROM tblSortimentPos As S4 WHERE S4.PartieFPK = tblPartien.PartiePK AND S4.SortimentFPK = 10016),
(Select S5.Anzahl
FROM tblSortimentPos As S5 WHERE S5.PartieFPK = tblPartien.PartiePK AND S5.SortimentFPK = 10017),
(Select S6.Anzahl
FROM tblSortimentPos As S6 WHERE S6.PartieFPK = tblPartien.PartiePK AND S6.SortimentFPK = 10018),
(Select S7.Anzahl
FROM tblSortimentPos As S7 WHERE S7.PartieFPK = tblPartien.PartiePK AND S7.SortimentFPK = 10019),
(Select S8.Anzahl
FROM tblSortimentPos As S8 WHERE S8.PartieFPK = tblPartien.PartiePK AND S8.SortimentFPK = 10020) FROM tblLieferanten, tblPartien WHERE tblLieferanten.LieferantPK = tblPartien.LieferantFK
   WITH READ ONLY But the oracle system /V7.3 does not like it. It stops at the first cascading select with the messaging something is missing. Can anybody help me?

Best regards...
Volker Hochstein
v.hochstein_at_sh-home.de Received on Fri Oct 01 1999 - 17:14:36 CDT