Re: Error ORA-06512

From: Johnny Sloans Jr. <jsloans_at_cticallcenter.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:07:45 -0500

Thanks for the reply.

This is my package body:

AS

  PROCEDURE el_web_pd3(sismas_in IN NUMBER, ani OUT tani) IS     CURSOR person_cur IS

      SELECT ani
      FROM el_commission
      where sismas = sismas_in;

    percount NUMBER DEFAULT 1;

    BEGIN FOR singleperson IN person_cur     LOOP

      ani(percount) := singleperson.ani;
      percount := percount + 1;

    END LOOP;
  END; END; This is my package:
AS

TYPE tani is TABLE of VARCHAR2(11)
INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;
PROCEDURE el_web_pd3(sismas_in IN NUMBER, ani OUT tani);

END; We have an oracle server messages manual where I can look up error messages, and I found this one. But I don't understand what in the syntax is causing it. One line that I can omit (ani(percount) := singleperson.ani;) will stop the error from happening, but I cant see the data that the procedure is supposed to return. What's funny is that I have another procedure that's exactly like this one and it works after creating a sample table with 3 columns and 3 rows of data. I was able to successfully call the procedure from within my web page and saw the data that its supposed to return. The procedure that works I got from the Microsoft web site. It guides you through all the steps on calling a stored procedure from Active Server Pages(Web Pages) from building the table, package, package body, procedure call. But when I tried to basically copy that code and edited it to hit our own table I started to get this error.

I appreciate your reply. If you can give me any more insight on this I would appreciate it also.

Thanks!