Connecting Read-*WRITE* to ORACLE from STAROFFICE via ODBC

From: Raoul Markus <raoul.markus_at_arcormail.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:00:33 +0200

Hi to everyone,

I try to connect via openlink-ODBC to an Oracle 8.0.5 DB. Client is a Linux StarOffice 5.1
Everyting works fine, but I can't insert/change tables or data. Its all read-only. The ODBC-Connection itself
seems not to be read-only, as I can execute SQL-statements from StarOffice, which work fine with DML & DDL. (and of course, I never marked anything as read-only during the hole setup-procedure both of Openlink ODBC driver nor of StarOffice). But all buttons/switchboxes to manipulate data or tables via StarOffice remain disabled.

Has anyone a hint or a clue or at least other experiences?

Everything is running on a glibc2-Linux 2.2.3.

The Openlink ODBC Driver is 3.0

Many thanks in advance,

Raoul Received on Mon Sep 27 1999 - 13:00:33 CDT