Re: Connecting to O8 from Borland SQL Links

From: Ernie DeVries <Ernie.DeVries_at_nau.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:02:35 -0700

The Oracle instances are 8.0.5. Paradox9 comes with BDE 5.01. I'm not sure about the "native drivers for oracle". I have installed the 8i client on my PC and I can connect through SQL Plus or through ODBC channels. I know that during the installation of WPO2K I chose to install "SQL Links", which as I understand it should include what I need to connect to an Oracle instance. Since I supposedly have what I need installed, I know the name of the instance, and the DBA's have set up the Oracle Name Server, I presume that this is just a configuration issue. The problem is that I can't seem to find the steps for doing the configuring of the BDE (or Alias within it) so that I can open an Oracle table.