[Q]: Partitioning Time Based Tables in Oracle8

From: <neilgreene_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:19:46 GMT

I am looking for a recommendation to partition a "time-based" table. A table where records my have attributes including a START_DATE, and an END_DATE spanning over random amounts of TIME.

I would like to create a partitioned based table and generate a SQL*QUERY to query this data based on a "START_TIME_QUERY" and "END_TIME_QUERY. (i.e. select all segments where start_time >= T1 and end_time <= T2, where a record (or segment) spans over time)

Now, the question is, "How do I partition this table??" and what time based sql can I use to select these records.

tia

--
Neil Greene
Earthlink Network, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 09:19:46 CDT