Analyze tables

From: Pascale Marois <pascalem_at_total.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:29:57 -0400

I'm very new a the role of DBA and I would like to submit this question:

Two weeks ago, I runned a script to analyze all the tables on the development database. Everything was fine and then, last week, I runned the same script on the production database. After this, many SELECT were extremely slow. I had to delete statistics on many tables and then everything was OK.

I can't explain why it didn't work. The development database has approximately the same size then the production one.

Does someone can explain it for me? Received on Thu Sep 16 1999 - 14:29:57 CDT