Client Connection to other Databases

From: Wolfgang Brungert <wbr_at_newton.msrs.DeTeMobil.de>
Date: 14 Sep 1999 05:29:45 GMT

Hello,

i think i have figured out a bug in Oracle 8.0.5.1 for Linux.

In our company we use Oracle name server to connect clients. So we copy a configured sqlnet.ora to $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin and that's all. Only under Linux this does not work. For Example: tnsping db_server return's "TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name". If i set the tnsping.trace_level to > 8, the tnsping db_server returns as expected. The same are for connections with sqlplus, if i set the trace_level_client > 8, it works ok.

The only exception are for db_server in the names.default_domain. These works in any combination of debugging level's.

Has anyone seen this and are patches out there ???

Many Thanks,

Wolfgang Brungert

--

 Wolfgang Brungert                         phone: +49 251 977 4142
 DeTeMobil                                 fax:   +49 251 977 4149