Re: Measuring query performance - Newbie question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:59:03 +0200

Real xxx represents the time in hundreths of seconds. You can't format it. To get the real query time, change timed_statistics to true in init<sid>.ora (which is in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs on Unix and %ORACLE_HOME%\database on NT) and bounce the database.
Next, issue alter session set sql_trace = true before your query runs and run tkprof on your trace file.
Of course this is all described in the Tuning guide.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA