Re: Pro C Makefile

From: <kasthuri_at_viisage.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:57:46 GMT

Hi,

 THANKS A LOT!
IT WORKS IF I PASS THE define as a part of the $PROCFLAGS.

".pc.c:

        $(PROC) define=_POSIX_4START iname=$*.pc "

THANKS AGAIN!!!
J.Kasthuri

In article <ki=dN2+pBadMw9QVk+XRX5pSu8kN_at_4ax.com>,   tkyte_at_us.oracle.com wrote:
> A copy of this was sent to kasthuri_at_viisage.com
> (if that email address didn't require changing)
> On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:53:17 GMT, you wrote:
>
> >In article <37DCE002.2AEB5EF7_at_Unforgettable.com>,
> > BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com wrote:

> [snip]
>
> > The above _Pfield variable is defined in 'types.h' which is a
standard
> >c header file. i dont know the other references of this variable and
> >this could cause more problems if i change this definition. The same
> >Pro C compiles well in the Alpha 4.0D environment with oracle 7.4.
> >could it be that i should have any specific entry in my make file
like a
> >define or so, for this?
> >Thanks,
>
> Its an issue with ## (concatenation operation in macro's) and the
pro*c release.

> try defining _POSIX_4SOURCE, for example:
>
> $ proc sample10 define=_POSIX_4SOURCE
>
> as a workaround.
>
> --
> See http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to
Oracle8i'...
> Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June
21'st

> Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Service Industries Reston, VA USA
>
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation

--
Kasthuri Jegatheesan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 13 1999 - 15:57:46 CDT