RADIUS 's authentication on Oracle8i

From: <jlbonnier_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 17:57:00 GMT

Hi,

I'm using Oracle8i Enterprise Server (8.1.5) on AIX 4.3.2.

I want to authenticate some users with Advanced Security Option (more precisely, by a RADIUS server from Activ Card with dynamic password).

I configure sqlnet.ora/listener.ora on server and sqlnet.ora/tnsnames.ora on clients.

If I use an Oracle8i 8.1.5 client on an other AIX machine, all is fine (for users authenticated by Oracle in internal and for those authenticated by RADIUS in external).

On the other hand, if I use an Oracle8i 8.1.5 client on Windows95 or NT machine, it doesnt work
(with the same configuration files as AIX client).
For users authenticated by Oracle, the connection is OK (so the Net8 configuration files are OK). For users authenticated externally by the RADIUS server, the authentication is always refused
(with a good or a wrong password).

Is there anybody who already tried this ?

Thanks in advance.

JLB Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 12:57:00 CDT